Research Participation - Welcome
The gelotophobia Assessment and Research Association’s focus is to raise the profile and awareness of gelotophobia; a distressing fear that impedes on the sufferer’s quality of life and social interactions.
Our aim is to undertake research that will develop a deeper understanding of the causes and consequences of gelotophobia, which will substantially benefit those directly affected by this fear.
The only way to do this is by asking people, like you, to tell us what it is like to be Gelotophobic and how you feel. If you suffer with Gelotophobic symptoms, what is the impact on you, your life and your relationships to others? To do this we ask you to fill out a questionnaire, that assists us to build up a profile. No information will be taken that will identify you. All information received is treated in the strictest confidence and not used for any other purpose (see terms and conditions)
It is also necessary to be able to compare Gelotophobic people to people with no fear at all. So even if you think you have never experienced gelotophobia, it is really important to give your opinions too…
By entering the site you are agreeing to participate in the research and accept all terms and conditions
Below is a list of questionnaires and a brief description of what to expect when filling them in.Ideally, we would encourage you to complete all the tests, you can log in and out at any time to do so. In all cases please fill out the PhoPhiKat scale as this assessment will tell us how gelotophobic you are. All questionnaires are completed anonymously so no feedback is given. If you require an assessment with feedback click here
- PhoPhiKat -45 questions, 4 option response answers (approximately 15 minutes)
- Burnout -16 questions, yes/no answers (approximately 5 minutes)
- Ridicule Teasing Scenarios - 9 questions, 8 option response answers (approximately 7 minutes)
- Picture Geloph -20 questions, written answer (approximately 15 minutes)
- Multidimensional peer-victimisation scale -16 questions, 3 option response answers (approximately 3 minutes)
- Attachment Styles -14 questions, 4 option response answers (approximately 5 minutes)
- Social avoidance and distress -28 questions, yes/no answers (approximately 6 minutes)
- Fear of negative evaluation -30 questions approx, true/false answers (approximately 10 minutes)